MEALBOOKNZ - TERMS OF SERVICE
- Last modified August 14th, 2016
- MealbookNZ Ltd runs a web based social dining service that links travellers wanting to experience more of New Zealand with hosts offering a meal in their homes. By accessing Mealbook you agree to use the service at your own risk and subject to the terms set forth below.
Terms of Service
- Mealbook reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service at anytime without advance consultation, although this will be notified as soon as possible. By continuing to use Mealbook you agree to be bound by the current Terms of Service.
- Mealbook has no control over the representations or actions of its users. Although these Terms require users to provide accurate information, we (Mealbook.NZ Ltd) do not attempt to confirm and do not confirm any user's purported identity.
- Mealbook is obliged to preserve the privacy of its hosts and their clients and the same obligation is inherent on Mealbook hosts.
- Mealbook reserves the right to restrict users if they are uploading, publishing, posting or submitting any content that is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive.
- Mealbook has the right to remove, edit or delete any content at any time.
- By using the Site, the Host agrees that any legal remedy or liability that it seeks to obtain for actions of other users or third parties will be limited to a claim against the particular user or other third party who caused It harm.
- The host further agrees to follow the guidelines set out under the title Hosts Resources and to work to the guidelines set out by the Food Act as are relevant to this business.
- The Host is solely responsible for properly cancelling its Account. Account cancellation requests must be submitted via email.
- If the Host has a guest who is felt to be behaving inappropriately by either verbal action or physical action, the host should immediately report to the Police or appropriate authorities and then Meabook NZ Ltd.
- Mealbook NZ Ltd is not liable for any food prepared by a Host and does not ensure that any of the Hosts' home cooked meals are safe for consumption.
- The Host agrees to take all responsible precautions and exercise good judgement in your interactions and communications with other users of the Site and Service and in consuming home cooked food.
- The host agrees to hold harmless Mealbook from any potential damages action for any reason whatsoever. You agree that for any dispute you have with Mealbook, you will first contact us and attempt to resolve the dispute with us informally.
- In the event of a dispute, NZ law will apply and Arbitration will be the initial remedy
- The Host agrees to refrain from uploading publishing, or engaging in the dissemination of material which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive, defamatory, obscene, abusive or racist.
- You will not reproduce, copy, sell, or exploit any portion of the Mealbook service without the express written permission of Mealbook NZ Ltd.